Pack up the farm, you are giving it away!Offering something of value to your clientele is one of the most important SEO Strategies you can use. Remember, there are more than likely several if not hundreds of other companies providing what you are. So to compete and or stay ahead you need to grasp your target audiences attention and keep them coming back. Simplest way to do this is to give away to anyone that comes to your site either a chance to win a contest or to offer a freebie of some sort based on your product or service just for entering their name and email address.
WHY WOULD BUILDING AN EMAIL LIST HELP MY BUSINESS?
That is an excellent questions and here is the list of reasons why a building a targeted email list is an excellent SEO Tactic.
- Building an email list allows your newsletter to grow beyond your current customer base.
- List building allows for automated email campaigns to distribute to those that signup. It works 24/7 on autopilot.
- When someone signs up for a giveaway or contest or for something of value you know you are capturing the attention of someone you could potentially sell to in the future.
- Bottom Line, The Money is in the List! When building lists you control the flow of information which allows for a more controlled product or service release to those that have signed up and shown interest which produces a much higher conversion rate of sale.
How do you do this quickly and easily? In this lesson we are going to give you some ideas and resources to get this done.
Let me give you an example of how this works, and I have to admit, it is quite amazing! 1) First, you decide what is that you want to give away. It could be a FREE value report in a pdf download format, it could be a chance to win a contest, or it could be a discount off services. So decide first what it is of value that you want to give away.
2) Second, signup for an Aweber account. This service will give you the optin code for your website to place on whatever page you want (preferably the home page) and it will also allow you to create the email campaign. When someone signs up they will be either directed to a thank you page or a download page to get their free report. That's it and you now have their name and email address and they received something of value from you.
Ok Rodney but how does this really help me? How does this make my company more sales?
Here is a real story of how this works: A vet decided to right a 10 page pamphlet on how to train your dog. He built a cheap website, slapped the pdf book on the web and sold it for $10 bucks. He sold 2 to 3 over a 4 month period, which is not good at all. Then one day he decided to make his website look a little more professional and added an optin. For giving him their name and email address he offered a one hour FREE Saturday class once a month on how to train your dog to sit on command. He start getting people to signup like crazy.
Then he added about 25 more pages to his ebook and started emailing those that signed up through his optin about something that he was working on that would be a huge benefit to them but he didn't tell them what it was, thus building their anticipation level. Then he started a blog and put a couple of FREE training lessons on his blog which started an interaction with his list. He started building an online relationship with his list all the while hinting at what was to come.
Now what ended up happening is that everyone was emailing everyone that they knew that had a dog a link to this guys website so they could signup and get the free training lessons. Before you know it in a matter of months this Vet had over 4000 people that had opted in and most where just so they could get his free lessons from his blog. However, his Saturday lessons where getting packed, he started selling more Vet Services and products from his shop. All in all, he had not even released his new book yet and his business was exploding.
One week prior to his product (ebook) launch he did a video with a live lesson on how to teach your dog how to sit, down and stay and slapped the video on his blog. That video was forwarded to over 7000 people who all for the most part signed up using his optin. In this video he talked about how in one week his new book on how to train your dog from A to Z was going to come out but he was only going to release it for 10 hours.
The day of his book release he emailed over 15,000 people who were already anticipating his book release and over 9000 bought his book for $34.95. He made several hundred thousand dollars in one day. The days, weeks and months that followed he made thousands and thousands more. Not everyone bought his book but once it went live, everyone emailed out the link to his sales page for months on end. Do you get the big picture now? He had a higher conversion rate because he built his list of people that were interested in his services, provided them with items of value and when he came out with his book everyone had to have it. You can do this with any existing product or service you have currently. It works every time!
Summary: Having an optin is a must. You may already have a newsletter but its not the same. People may not want to hear what's going on with you until they purchase products or services from you. Supplying an optin is an immediate return for them. Once you have their information you can automate the email process so that every few days you drive them to do something next. Before long, you have built anticipation and the next thing you know you have driven them to a sale. If you need help getting this setup please do not hesitate to contact us.
Day 10 Lesson- What would you do with FREE Radio Advertising? I know what I would do?
- Also, if you liked this lesson, please visit our SEO Blog to discuss or ask any questions.
- If you havent signed up yet for our 15 Days of FREE SEO Lessons, please do so below.